At the Spring Budget, the Government announced £300 million to be distributed across English councils in order to provide additional discretionary support for those facing the steepest increase, specifically as a result of the 2017 revaluation. The amount allocated to RBWM is £678,000 for 2017/18. This support is provided under Section 47 of the Local Government Finance Act 1988.
In line with the Discretionary Hardship Policy adopted by the council, businesses in Clewer North are encouraged to apply. 24 of these awards have already been given out!
In order to be considered for the Discretionary Revaluation Support, please complete the application at the end of this document and return it to: business.rates@RBWM.gov.uk
In addition, you will be required to provide:
- Audited accounts or independently verified accounts for the past two years. In the case of newly established businesses (less than 12 months) you will need to provide estimates of the annual income and expenditure.
- A brief history of your business.
- A detailed statement which explains what you expected your profit and cash/borrowing balances to be over the last year compared to what actually occurred. In addition, how you expect your cash balances to change over the coming year in comparison to your available borrowing facilities.
- Copies of your last 3 bank statements
- Any other information that may be required/requested.
If any businesses in Clewer North are interested or have any questions please do reach out to me at email@example.com.